Green Building is rapidly becoming the norm for commercial building, remodeling and renovation. It is well documented to produce energy savings, improve operations, reduce waste and disposal costs, conserve water and reduce carbon emissions. Green building also increases property values and produces positive public relations. Although an initial upfront investment can be required, sustainable building techniques can reduce operating costs 8-9% and typically pay for themselves in three years with an estimated annual return on investment of 25-40%.
The U.S. Green Building Council's LEED® certification is an important strategy for achieving green building goals. Since the inception of LEED® in 2000, there has been an increase of more than 700% in the number of LEED®-certified buildings.
How Delta Can Help
Delta Institute can help you maximize the benefits of green building from every angle -- economic, environmental and social. With specialized expertise in green operations and management of existing buildings, Delta is working to green everything from Class A office towers to affordable housing. Our services include:
• Assessment: We can start with an energy audit to assess current usage and recommend energy saving strategies or conduct a comprehensive sustainability assessment to identify overall environmental improvements.
• Planning: Delta can develop a green building strategy and help direct you to green-building related financing, rebates and incentives to support targeted improvements.
• Implementation: Certified and experienced Delta staff can provide hands-on technical assistance to implement greening strategies.
• Certification: LEED® certification is a key strategy for achieving green building goals. Delta can manage the process from beginning to end, with particular strengths in existing buildings and facilities.
• Operations Guidance: We provide customized green operations guides and help institutionalize the program by educating staff, occupants, vendors and community residents.
• Purchasing Assistance: Delta can assist with the purchase of verified green products needed to implement and maintain green programs at discount prices through www.BuyingBetter.org.
• Measurement: Delta helps measure energy, water, waste and other environmental savings associated with the green building program and can provide a dashboard for ongoing management or LEED® points. Carbon footprinting can be included in this process.
Abby Corso, Senior Director
(312) 554-0900 x 25 or email@example.com.
• More about Green Building
• The ReBuilding Exchange
• Delta Green Building Services [pdf]